About our APP Clinical Skills and Procedures Workshop
Have you ever heard the age old medical saying “Whatever you do, don’t kill anybody?” This program is designed for any medical provider in any practice setting. As our nation restructures healthcare delivery, patients with real medical problems are avoiding the emergency department copays. Are you prepared to manage what walks in your front door? We specialize in giving you the skills to save lives, not just push patients through the system!
Each two-day class is well organized, filled in advance, and planned to run seamlessly. Didactic sessions are planned in the morning, and are open and engaging. Afternoon sessions are all procedurally focused.
Everything from suturing techniques, joint aspiration, and central venous catheter insertion is covered live, in person, and in an organized manner to maximize your time and perfect your technique. Plus, you’ll earn Interchangeable CME credits.
In TWO DAYS you will master:
- Lectures focused on the ENTIRE human body and common fracture patterns
- How to communicate findings to the orthopedic surgeon
- What needs emergent, urgent, and delayed treatment
- CT and MRI interpretation
- Splint application and management
- Shoulder, elbow, knee, ankle, and hip reductions
- In total, 75 topics are covered!
- Electrical conduction of the heart
- Identification and treatment of STEMI
- Posterior MI
- MI Patterns
- Left Main Disease
- Electrolyte disturbances and management
- All Major Dysrhythmias and advanced treatment
- Understanding of Bundle Branch Blocks and MI
- Over 20 EKG abnormalities are included!
Pulmonary Disorders and Management
- Current management guidelines
- Peak Flow application
- Tracheostomy management
- 12 pulmonary clinical scenarios and current management guidelines!
Lethal Skin Conditions
- 7 lethal skin conditions, identification, and treatment
- Burn identification and management
- Rash Identification
Practice Improvement Tips
- How to present cases to attending physicians and specialists
- What attending physicians and specialists need to know from you
- Current PQRS and documentation guidelines.
- Resources to maximize documentation reimbursement and MIPS bonuses
- Full afternoon suture workshop (all types) including Suture Cam
- Joint injection and aspiration of knee and shoulder
- Foreign body/fishhook removal
- Nail trephination
- Lumbar Puncture
- Needle Decompression of Pneumothorax
- Chest Tube (Thoracostomy) insertion
- Splinting workshop
- IUD Insertion and Removal
- In total, 31 procedures are included in our afternoon sessions!
Day 1 Morning Skills Session
Acute MI/STEMI and management
Electrolyte Disorders and EKG Findings
Bundle Branch Blocks
Basics of Airway Assessment
Applying Well’s Criteria and PERC Rule
Overview of Radiograph Interpretation
How to Choose the Right Study
Chest, Shoulder, and Clavicle
Abdominal Pain and KUB Interpretation
Radiographic Signs of Major Diseases
Radiographic Signs of High Impact Injuries
Foreign Body Management
Day 1 Afternoon Procedure Session
Introduction to Proper Technique
Subcutaneous/Multiple Layer Closures
Billing and Documentation
Local Injections and Nerve Blocks
Chest Tube Insertion
Shoulder Injection and Aspiration
Trigger Point Injection
Foreign Body and Fish Hook Removal
Day 2 Morning Skills Session
Cervical Spine Radiology
Long Board and Collar Removal
Canadian C-Spine Rule
Unstable Cervical Fractures
Mechanisms of Common Cervical Fractures
Ordering the Correct Imaging
Reading Cervical Images
Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Radiology
Patterns of Spinal Fractures
Interpreting Thoracic and Lumbar Images
Cauda Equina Syndrome
Epidural Abscess Identification/Treatment
Low Back Pain and Management
Reg Flags for Back Pain and Management
Upper Extremity Radiology
How to Communicate Orthopedic Injuries
Identifying Common Fracture Patterns
Common Reduction Techniques
When to Consult Orthopedics
When to Consider Emergency Transfer
Pelvis and Lower Extremity Radiology
Identifying Common Fracture Patterns
Management of Sprains and Strains
When to Consult Orthopedics
Day 2 Afternoon Procedure Session
Skin and Soft Tissue Conditions
Emergent Rash Identification
Abscess Incision and Drainage
DVT Identification and Decision Rules
Burn Care and Referral Criteria
What Not to Send Home
IUD Insertion and Removal
Upper and Lower Extremity Splinting
Intraosseous Access Insertion
Central Venous Catheter Insertion
Our program is two days in length from 8am – 5pm on Friday and Saturday. In addition, every student will receive the same exposure and hands-on training in an organized round-robin fashion. Additional after-hour time with procedure simulators may be available after the first day session has ended.
3-Day Courses are Also Available!
This program has been reviewed and is approved for a maximum of 22.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits by the AAPA Review Panel. PAs should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This program was planned in accordance with AAPA CME Standards for Live Programs and for Commercial Support of Live Programs.
Our program credits are fully interchangeable with ALL major nurse practitioner certification organizations. This includes pharmacology and specialty-specific education hours. Your CME certificate will clearly designate all additional specialty hours.
Certification and Reference Letter
In addition to earning continuous education credits, we offer a program certification option. If you choose to take our test and score high enough, you will receive a certificate and a Letter of Recommendation from our medical director to share with prospective employers and credentialing boards.
Anyone who has tried to get their first job without experience can validate how important a letter like this can be to supplement your credentials and help verify your abilities. If you have been looking for validation to help you stand out from your competition, look no further. Put another way – our medical director believes that our program and focused resources will help your clinical skills so much, that he literally put his name on your success! This is another bonus included in your program registration package.
The Total Package
How does this course compare to others?
Unlike other courses that last more days, have more students, and cumulatively are more expensive when you add travel costs, our courses allow for intensive training on key topics, with one-on-one education in a small group setting. You can’t beat our combination of lecture material and hands on procedure experience, and our locations and guaranteed rates are the the most affordable around. There are no hidden fees, and no add on costs – our lectures and procedures are all rolled into one well-organized two-day experience!
Our program price includes:
- Course manual ($10.99 value)
- Tote bag, Sim Vivo Suture Kit with sutures and instruments ($99 value)
- Online Tutorial Videos
- Live lectures and access to all material through our Membership Resources portal (One year membership included in price – $99 value)
- Discounts on future programs
- Certification Examination and Letter of Reference signed by our medical director
- No add-on fees for additional material. What you see here is what you get, all for one low price!
- Great rates at the hotels where we hold our programs!
- Additional CME opportunities*
Also, don’t forget – your time is also your money. Extra hotel nights and time away from work or home has an additional cost! Why spend several days in a classroom when you can get it all done in two?
Provider Practice Essentials does not have a dedicated brand, corporation, contracted agreement, or preference of one specific medical equipment manufacturer over another. As a result, you will get hands on training with multiple different brands and types of equipment that you will likely use in the clinical setting where you will work. We do, however, value our close relationships with the designers, inventors, and vendors of the best medical simulation equipment available.