Frequently Asked Questions
REGISTRATION AND COST QUESTIONS
How do I sign up for this course?
- You can register for any course HERE.
My employer has to register for me. How can I do this?
- Your employer can register for you through our website, or via check by mail. To register by mail, click HERE.
I don’t have a credit card, can I pay by check?
- No problem! Visit THIS PAGE to register by mailing a check.
My employer needs to review the course material before they approve my funds. Can you send me one?
- We’ve got you covered. Click HERE
What is the course price?
- Each program is offered at $1499.00 and includes our two-day live course, hands on procedure lab, 1 year online access to our website and clinical content, additional CME credits, suture materials and practice kit, optional online certification, and a letter of reference.
Do you offer course discounts?
- Yes – we offer a 10% early bird discount if booked by the advertised date for the course you are interested in joining.
- Group discounts are offered for groups of 5 or more who book at the same time, and range from 15-20% based on the size of the group
Are a hotel and travel costs included in the course price?
- No, but discounted hotel rates are available and can be booked directly through our website at the time of registration.
- You may stay anywhere you choose for our program.
- You will be responsible for coordinating your own travel arrangements.
What is the course companion?
- The course companion is a printed booklet with a collection of reference normal findings (EKG and radiographs) that you can use during the program to compare abnormal findings shown to the normal studies that you need to compare. It can also be used during your clinical practice!
- The standard package contains the same material online, but will require a laptop or tablet to view during the course.
CONTENT AND SCOPE QUESTIONS
Should I take this course?
- This activity gives a wide exposure to a number of clinical topics and is well suited to any provider in any practice setting.
What will I gain from this course?
- Participants in this course will have a clear understanding of how to identify common emergencies, perform primary care procedures, perform emergency procedures and life-saving interventions, and apply these in ANY PRACTICE SETTING.
Do I earn Continuing Education Credits for this course?
- Yes – This program is accredited by the AAPA for 22 contact hours, and by the AANP for 22.25 contact hours, including 1.25 pharmacology hours.
- Additional CME opportunities are available on our website – currently accredited by the AANP for 31.5 contact hours including 6.25 pharmacology hours.
- CME content is added on a regular basis.
Will Continuing Education from the AANP or AAPA count for me?
- AANP and AAPA are interchangeable and accept each other’s category I credits. ANCC and NCCPA also accept AANP and AAPA credits interchangeably. You are encouraged to check with your individual certifying body to ensure credits will count for you.
What do we do in 2 days?
- In short, we offer a high-intensity course filled with a TON of practice-related education
- EKG Interpretation
- We have a thorough EKG course including basics of conduction, patterns of injury, STEMI, Arrythmias, Electrolyte disorders, common artifacts, and treatments. Identification of lethal conduction disturbances, and treatment of acute coronary syndrome.
- Pulmonary Management
- Identification and treatment of common airway emergencies including COPD, Asthma, Pneumothorax, and pulmonary embolism
- Radiology, Radiology, and Radiology!
- We cover normal plain film interpretation and common abnormalities of the entire human body, including chest, abdomen, spine, upper, and lower extremities.
- Presentation and explanation of the various types of radiology studies, including radiographs, CT, MRI, and Ultrasound
- Quality metrics and ordering guidelines
- Identification of emergent skin condition, lethal skin diseases, and treatment guidelines
- Afternoon sessions are dedicated to procedures that correlate to the lectures given in the first half of each day.
- Procedures include Needle Decompression, chest tube insertion, knee aspiration/injection, Shoulder injection, Central Line insertion, Lumbar Puncture, IUD insertion and removal, Fish hook removal, Nail trephination, punch biopsy, Abscess incision and drainage, and common joint reductions.
- SUTURE WORKSHOP
- We have a focused suture workshop that includes knot tying, and several types of suture patterns. We staff to a very low student to teacher ratio to maximize individual learning!
- SPLINTING WORKSHOP
- Get your hands wet and learn how to apply all types of splints using actual splinting materials!
Who teaches this course?
- Our courses are taught by experienced, seasoned, and board-certified physicians and advanced practice providers with diverse clinical and academic backgrounds.
- All of our faculty members are actively practicing in their fields and up to date with current management and guidelines.
- Online lectures and additional content are created by and narrated by faculty members who are experts in their subject matter.
Why should I choose this course over others?
- There is truly nothing out there that does what we do, the way we do, in the amount of time that we do it, and provides the resources we provide.
- A team of physicians and Advanced Practice Providers for each course ensures you will receive balanced education.
- Our online clinical resources are direct, focused, and not full of fluff seen on other online sites
- Additional CME opportunities will ensure regular annual CME requirements are met every year
Does signing up for a membership get me into the two-day live program?
No. Membership will get you access to all of the online clincal resources, billing, coding, decision-making, and guideline content, but will not give you access to the live program or videos from the live program. Registering for the course is a separate registration.
What does membership include?
- Membership includes 1 year of renewable access to all of the clinical resources on our website, discounts to textbooks, clinical gift certificates, and other resources.
Can I purchase a membership without going to the course?
- Yes, but you will not receive access to our course materials, videos, and other program-related content.
Will a membership give me a discount on course registration?
- Yes – members have discounts to all course registrations, which will be credited back to you.
How much does membership cost?
- The initial membership fee is $99.00, and then recurs annually for $49.00.
Where can I become a member?
- You can register for a membership at www.ppemedical.com/members
PROGRAM LOCATION QUESTIONS
Where is the program held?
- Our 2-day program is either held at the Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel in Orlando, Florida, the Aloft Dallas Downtown hotel in Dallas, Texas, or the Crystal City Marriott in Washington, DC.
- Additional locations are expected throughout the year
Can I book a room through your website?
- Yes, you have the option to book a room at the hotel for the course.
My employer does not reimburse travel expenses. How is the receipt reported?
- We label your hotel costs as “Additional Course Fees” on your receipt, to help you maximize your reimbursement.
What time does the program start?
- The program begins at 8am and ends when the procedures are complete – typically around 4-5pm. Courses are on Fridays and Saturdays
- Students are encouraged to arrive at 7:30am on Friday to allow time to pick up course materials prior to the course beginning
What should I wear to the program?
- We are a very informal group and encourage to dress comfortably for your best learning environment.
What should I bring to the program?
- Bring whatever you need to learn. You will receive a notepad, pen, suture kit, suture materials, tools, and either a USB thumb drive or a printed course companion.
- All of the live material presented in your course is recorded and available online for you to review any time. There is no pressure to take notes or be concerned about missing content – its all available online for you to review at your leisure!
How do I get access to the website?
- If you registered for our live program, your account access will be activated the night prior to the course start date and will be activated for a year.
ACCREDITATION AND CERTIFICATION QUESTIONS
I took the course. How do I get my certificate?
- The AANP and the AAPA require a post-course survey be completed. Our survey is online, and helps us ensure that our quality standards are being met. Once you complete this survey, you will automatically receive a certificate.
- Visit this link to view a tutorial about how to log in and how to take the survey.
How do I take the Certification Test and earn a letter of recommendation?
- Once you finish the live program AND complete your post-course survey, you will receive an email with a link to the test and a password to begin the test.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
How do I contact you for more questions?
- we can be reached by email at Support@ppemedical.com
- or by telephone at (321) 506-9303