Nurse Practitioner CME
Have you heard the old phrase “Whatever you do, don’t kill anyone?” Our program is designed for any nurse practitioner in any practice setting! As healthcare continues to change shape, patients are avoiding emergency department copays and visiting urgent care centers, primary care offices, or not caring for themselves at all. Are you prepared to handle whatever condition walks in your door? Do you know the subtle things to look for that can be the difference between life and death, function and disability? Our program will arm you with these skills and do it in a way that makes it fun and engaging! This program will provide you with knowledge that will set you apart from other Nurse Practitioners.
Each two-day class is well organized, filled in advance, and planned to run seamlessly. Didactic sessions are planned in the morning, and are open and engaging. Afternoon sessions are all procedurally focused. Everything from suturing techniques, joint aspiration, and central venous catheter insertion is taught live, in person, and in an organized manner to maximize your time and allow you to perfect your technique.
The Procedure Workshop
- Lectures focused on the ENTIRE human body and common fracture patterns
- How to communicate findings to the orthopedic surgeon
- What needs emergent, urgent, and delayed treatment
- CT and MRI interpretation
- Splint application and management
- Shoulder, elbow, knee, ankle, and hip reductions
- In total, 75 topics are covered!
- Electrical conduction of the heart
- Identification and treatment of STEMI
- Posterior MI
- Common MI Patterns
- Left Main Disease
- Electrolyte disturbances and management
- All Major Dysrhythmias and advanced treatment
- Understanding of Bundle Branch Blocks and MI
- Over 20 EKG abnormalities are included!
Pulmonary Disorders and Management
- Current management guidelines
- Peak Flow application
- Tracheostomy management
- 12 pulmonary clinical scenarios and current management guidelines!
Lethal Skin Conditions
- 7 lethal skin conditions, identification, and treatment
- Burn identification and management
- Rash Identification
Practice Improvement Tips
- How to present cases to attending physicians and specialists
- What attending physicians and specialists need to know from you
- Current PQRS and documentation guidelines.
- Resources to maximize documentation reimbursement and MIPS bonuses
- Full afternoon suture workshop (all types) including Suture Cam
- Joint injection and aspiration of knee and shoulder
- Foreign body/fishhook removal
- Nail trephination
- Lumbar Puncture
- Needle Decompression of Pneumothorax
- Chest Tube (Thoracostomy) insertion
- Splinting workshop
- IUD Insertion and Removal
- In total, 31 procedures are included in our afternoon sessions!
In order to focus on your individual needs, class sizes are kept to a maximum of 30 participants per class. Coffee, drinks, and lunch are provided.
Day 1 Morning Skills Session
- EKG Interpretation
- Acute MI
- Atypical MI
- Common Dysrhythmias
- Electroyle Disorders
- Conduction Blocks
- Basic Airway Assessment
- Wells Criteria
- PERC Rule
- Using D-Dimer
- Tracheostomy Replacement
- MIPS/MACRA Documentation
- Chest, Shoulder, Clavicle Radiographs
- Systemic Reading Process
- Abnormal Radiographs
- Radiographic Signs of Major Diseases
- Radiographic Signs of High Impact Injuries
- Abdominal Radiograph Interpretation
Day 1 Afternoon Procedure Session
- Needle Decompression
- Chest Tube Insertion
- Tracheostomy Replacement
- Shoulder Reduction and Immobilization
- Upper Extremity Joint Aspiration/Injection
- Lower Extremity Joint Aspiration/Injection
- Trigger Point Injection
- Nail Trephination
- Nail Removal
- Foreign Body and Fish Hook Removal
- Introduction to Suture Techniques
- Simple Interrupted
- Simple Running
- Subcutaneous/Multiple Layer Closure
- Skin Adhesive
- Surgeon’s Knot
- Buried Knot
- Billing and Documentation for Sutures
- Local Injections and Digital Blocks
Day 2 Morning Skills Session
- Long Board and Collar Removal
- NEXUS Criteria
- Unstable Fractures
- Mechanisms of Common Fractures
- Correct Study Ordering
- Correct Consult and Referral
- Common Patterns of Fractures
- Common Dislocation and Reduction Techniques
- When to Consult Orthopedics
- When to Consider Transfer/EMS
Day 2 Afternoon Procedure Session
Skin and Soft Tissue Conditions
- Emergent Rash Identification
- DVT Identification and Decision Rules
- Burn Care and Referral Criteria
- What Not to Send Home
- Lumbar Puncture
- Incision and Drainage of Abscess
- Hip Reduction
- IUD Insertion and Removal
- Patella Reduction
- Ankle Reduction
- Upper Extremity Splinting
- Lower Extremity Joint Aspiration
- Intraosseous Access
- Central Venous Catheter Insertion
Closing Survey and Final Thoughts
Our program is two days in length from 8am – 5pm on Friday and Saturday. In addition, every student will receive the same exposure and hands-on training in an organized round-robin fashion. Additional after-hour time with procedure simulators may be available after the first day session has ended.
We know that being a Nurse Practitioner can be tough, and that finding a good job that utilizes your skills can be very difficult without experience. That’s why, In addition to earning continuing education credits, we offer a program certification option. If you choose to take our test and score high enough, you will receive a certificate and a Letter of Recommendation from our Medical Director to share with prospective employers and credentialing boards. Anyone who has tried to get their first job without experience can validate how important a letter like this can be to supplement your credentials and help verify your abilities. If you have been looking for validation to help you stand out from your competition, look no further. Put another way – our medical director believes that our program and focused resources will help your clinical skills so much, that he literally put his name on your success! This is another bonus included in your program registration package!
The Total CME Package!
How does this course compare to others?
Unlike other Nurse Practitioner courses that last several days, have more students, and are cumulatively more expensive, our courses allow for intensive training on key topics, with one-on-one education in a small group setting. You can’t beat our combination of lecture material and hands-on procedure experience. Further, our locations and guaranteed rates are the the most affordable around. There are no hidden fees, and no add-on costs – our Nurse Practitioner lectures and procedures are all rolled into one well-organized two-day experience!
Our program price includes:
- Small group format with individual attention from our Physician, Nurse Practitioner, and Physician Assistant expert clinical staff
- Tote bag, Sim Vivo Suture Kit with sutures and instruments ($99 value)
- Online Tutorial Videos
- Live lectures and access to all material through the PPE Clinical Toolkit (One year membership included – $99 value)
- Unlimited simulator access to members
- Discounts on future programs
- Certification Examination and Letter of Reference signed by our medical director
- No add-on fees for additional material. What you see here is what you get, all for one low price!
- Great rates at the hotels where we hold our programs!
- Additional CME opportunities*
Also, don’t forget – your time is also your money. Not to mention, extra hotel nights and time away from work or home has an additional cost! Why spend several days in a classroom when you can get it all done in two?