Have you heard the old phrase “Whatever you do, don’t kill anyone?” Our program is designed for any nurse practitioner in any practice setting! As healthcare continues to change shape, patients are avoiding emergency department copays and visiting urgent care centers, primary care offices, or not caring for themselves at all. Are you prepared to handle whatever condition walks in your door? Do you know the subtle things to look for that can be the difference between life and death, function and disability? Our program will arm you with these skills and do it in a way that makes it fun and engaging! This program will provide you with knowledge that will set you apart from other Nurse Practitioners.
Each two-day class is well organized, filled in advance, and planned to run seamlessly. Didactic sessions are planned in the morning, and are open and engaging. Afternoon sessions are all procedurally focused. Everything from suturing techniques, joint aspiration, and central venous catheter insertion is taught live, in person, and in an organized manner to maximize your time and allow you to perfect your technique.
In two days, you will master:
- Lectures focused on the ENTIRE human body and common fracture patterns
- How to communicate findings to the orthopedic surgeon
- What needs emergent, urgent, and delayed treatment
- CT and MRI interpretation
- Splint application and management
- Shoulder, elbow, knee, ankle, and hip reductions
- In total, 75 topics are covered!
- Electrical conduction of the heart
- Identification and treatment of STEMI
- Posterior MI
- MI Patterns
- Left Main Disease
- Electrolyte disturbances and management
- All Major Dysrhythmias and advanced treatment
- Understanding of Bundle Branch Blocks and MI
- Over 20 EKG abnormalities are included!
Pulmonary Disorders and Management
- Current management guidelines
- Peak Flow application
- Tracheostomy management
- 12 pulmonary clinical scenarios and current management guidelines!
Lethal Skin Conditions
- 7 lethal skin conditions, identification, and treatment
- Burn identification and management
- Rash Identification
Practice Improvement Tips
- How to present cases to attending physicians and specialists
- What attending physicians and specialists need to know from you
- Current PQRS and documentation guidelines.
- Resources to maximize documentation reimbursement and MIPS bonuses
- Full afternoon suture workshop (all types) including Suture Cam
- Joint injection and aspiration of knee and shoulder
- Foreign body/fishhook removal
- Nail trephination
- Lumbar Puncture
- Needle Decompression of Pneumothorax
- Chest Tube (Thoracostomy) insertion
- Splinting workshop
- IUD Insertion and Removal
- In total, 31 procedures are included in our afternoon sessions!
To focus on your individual needs, class sizes are kept to a maximum of 30 participants per class. Coffee, drinks, and lunch are provided.
Day 1 Schedule
Day 1 Morning Session
Basic Airway Assessment
Overview of Radiograph Interpretation
Chest, Shoulder, Clavicle Radiographs
Systemic Reading Process
Radiographic Signs of Major Diseases
Radiographic Signs of High Impact Injuries
Day 1 Afternoon Session
Chest Tube Insertion
Shoulder Reduction and Immobilization
Upper Extremity Joint Aspiration
Trigger Point Injection
Foreign Body and Fish Hook Removal
Subcutaneous/Multiple Layer Closure
Billing and Documentation for Sutures
Local Injections and Digital Blocks
Day 2 Schedule
Day 2 Morning Session
Introduction to Trauma
Designation of Trauma Centers
Process of Trauma Assessment
Primary and Secondary Survey
Special Categories of Trauma
Pitfalls of Poor Trauma Management
Expectations of Management
When to Get Help
Radiograph Interpretation of the Spine
Long Board and Collar Removal
Mechanisms of Common Fractures
Correct Consult and Referral
Upper and Lower Extremity Images
Common Patterns of Fractures
Common Dislocation and Reduction Techniques
When to Consult Orthopedics
When to Consider Transfer/EMS
Day 2 Afternoon Session
Skin and Soft Tissue Conditions
Emergent Rash Identification
DVT Identification and Decisions Rules
Burn Care and Referral Criteria
What Not to Send Home
Incision and Drainage of Abscess
IUD Insertion and Removal
Upper Extremity Splinting
Lower Extremity Joint Aspiration
Central Venous Catheter Insertion
Closing Survey and Final Thoughts
Optional Certification Examination
Each of our courses are two days in length from 8am – 5pm. This is the actual course curriculum for the Nurse Practitioner Clinical Skills Workshop 1. Every student will receive the same exposure and hands-on training in an organized round-robin fashion. Additional after hour time with procedure simulators may also be available after the first day session has ended.
This activity is approved for 22.25 contact hour(s) of continuing education (which includes 2.25 hour(s) of pharmacology) by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Activity ID# 19114023. This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies.
This activity includes 12 procedure hours that qualify towards Emergency Nurse Practitioner Certification requirements.
Certification and Reference Letter
We know that being a Nurse Practitioner can be tough, and that finding a good job that utilizes your skills can be very difficult without experience. That’s why, In addition to earning continuing education credits, we offer a program certification option. If you choose to take our test and score high enough, you will receive a certificate and a Letter of Recommendation from our Medical Director to share with prospective employers and credentialing boards. Anyone who has tried to get their first job without experience can validate how important a letter like this can be to supplement your credentials and help verify your abilities. If you have been looking for validation to help you stand out from your competition, look no further. Put another way – our medical director believes that our program and focused resources will help your clinical skills so much, that he literally put his name on your success! This is another bonus included in your program registration package!
The Total Package
How does this course compare to others?
Unlike other Nurse Practitioner courses that last more days, have more students, and cumulatively are more expensive when you add travel costs, our courses allow for intensive training on key topics, with one-on-one education in a small group setting. You can’t beat our combination of lecture material and hands-on procedure experience, and our locations and guaranteed rates are the the most affordable around. There are no hidden fees, and no add-on costs – our Nurse Practitioner lectures and procedures are all rolled into one well-organized two-day experience!
Our program price includes:
- Small group format with individual attention from our expert clinical staff
- Tote bag, Sim Vivo Suture Kit with sutures and instruments ($99 value)
- Online Tutorial Videos
- Live lectures and access to all material through our Membership Resources portal (One year membership included in price – $99 value)
- Discounts on future programs
- Certification Examination and Letter of Reference signed by our medical director
- No add-on fees for additional material. What you see here is what you get, all for one low price!
- Great rates at the hotels where we hold our programs!
- Additional CME opportunities*
Also, don’t forget – your time is also your money. Extra hotel nights and time away from work or home has an additional cost! Why spend several days in a classroom when you can get it all done in two?
Provider Practice Essentials does not have a dedicated brand, corporation, contracted agreement, or preference of one specific medical equipment manufacturer over another. As a result, you will get hands on training with multiple different brands and types of equipment that you will likely use in the clinical setting where you will work. We do, however, value our close relationships with the designers, inventors, and vendors of the best medical simulation equipment available.
*Additional CME is based on approval by the AANP, and will be offered through our membership resources portal. Certification is an option included in the program and is based on mastery of procedural skills and a validated 50-question written exam based on our program material. Regular additions will be made to our resources content.